A chin implant or chin augmentation is a fairly common procedure that often accompanies a rhinoplasty, facelift or cheek implants. It can drastically improve your facial definition and profile.
The Chin Implant Procedure
Chin implant surgery is a minimally invasive procedure that typically takes about 30 minutes to an hour and involves the insertion of solid, silicone materials that may come in a variety of sizes and shapes.
An implant is typically placed through an incision made inside the lower lip or through the natural skin crease beneath the chin. Your doctor will select the implant that will best enhance your appearance and insert it into a pocket created over the front of the jawbone.
The ideal candidate for this procedure is a non-smoking, healthy adult. This person may typically have a “weak chin” and would like to create definition in their facial structure
- Temporary discomfort in the chin area for several days post surgery
- Sutures removed within one week
- Swelling and discoloration subside within several days
- Resume light activities in 3-4 days
- Resume strenuous activities within 1-2 weeks