TOTAL BODY RESHAPING
A Total Body Lift sculpts and shapes the entire body, following massive weight loss either from natural means or gastric bypass. It provides the best pathway to remove the excess skin and folds to create a new body.
THE TOTAL BODY RESHAPING PROCEDURE
The Total Body Lift involves a complete transformation of the sagging and loose skin of the arms, thighs, buttocks, abdomen, and breasts. It molds and lifts all of the above areas into a more harmonious unit that compliments major weight loss.
With the help of a selective team, we sculpt the breasts, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, and arms in a single stage or dual stage approach. The scars are placed in strategic areas and creases to achieve the ultimate rejuvenation and aesthetic results. The total body lift is usually done in the hospital since it can take eight hours with a required overnight stay.
The ideal candidate must be a healthy, non-smoker who has maintained a consistent weight with a suitable BMI for 3-6 months. He/she needs to have realistic expectations of outcomes and understand scar placement as well as have support at home to assist in his/her recuperation.
- A compressive garment must be worn 24/7 for 4 weeks
- Swelling, bruising, pain and discomfort
- Drains to remove fluid from surgically operated areas
- Patients need to stay either one or two nights in the hospital during their initial convalescence
- Most patients return to work after 3-4 weeks